eServices Portal is a cloud-based electronic services platform for managing your university’s systems and applications such as Student Information System (SIS), Learning Management System (LMS), Library and Information Management System (LiMS), Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP), and Human Resources (HR). It acts as a central hub, where services are provisioned, mediated, monitored, and operated. It also provides management a clear picture of service state and “Service Level Agreements” (SLA), and “Single Sign On” (SSO) access to the eServices platform, as well as to the university’s systems and applications. It provides seamless workflow abilities to define, build, and deliver advanced e-services.
The portal allows the university to provide these application e-services to various types of users (students, faculty, staff, and external users) via the university’s portal and mobile application. It is offered as a “Software as a Service” (SaaS) model with an annual subscription licensing.
Universities will benefit from the pre-developed integration adapters for each of their back-end systems and applications mentioned above, so they do not need to worry about integration and development matters.
eServices Portal Benefits:
- Delivering service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Facilitating a dynamic, with high scalability, high availability, tight security, and monitoring capability’s platform.
- Exposing electronic services to users based on their type or status, both internal (i.e. Students, Faculty staff, etc.) and external (i.e. vendors, prospects, and candidates).
- Ability to start, stop, and schedule services via the control panel.
- Ability to configure workflows for business process approval management.
- Support for ongoing changes via configuration, rather than reprogramming.
- Availability of dynamic reports and notification for the performance of the eservices.
- Enabling users’ provided feedback and rating of services’ quality.